Hygiene controller/hygiene inspector in the public health service; application for a training position.
In Bavaria, hygiene inspectors are employed in the Public Health Service (ÖGD). The governments are responsible for hiring at the district offices and the respective city administration is responsible for hiring at an independent city.
They are predominantly involved in the following areas:
- Infection control
- Infection hygiene in hospitals and other public or commercial facilities
- Drinking water hygiene, bathing pool water hygiene, bathing water hygiene
- Environmental hygiene
- Monitoring of the relevant facilities, investigations, advising operators and those affected, initiating remedial and protective measures where necessary
- Documentation and health reporting
A detailed description of the tasks can be found under "Further links".
State hygiene inspectors in training are initially employed by a district office without a training course or examination. During the approximately two-year training period, they are familiarized with the relevant official procedures in the area of responsibility of a district administration authority. At the State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL), they learn how to handle sample material. Furthermore, they complete internships in a hospital as well as in a swimming pool operation and a drinking water supply plant. As part of their theoretical training at the LGL, they complete a six-month course.
After successful completion of the training, they will be offered a civil service position (grade A 6) if they meet the legal requirements. In view of the relevant statutory age limit, applicants should not have reached the age of 43 at the time of recruitment.
- Intermediate school leaving certificate, qualifying secondary school leaving certificate or secondary school leaving certificate and completed beneficial vocational training
- Unrestricted requirements for field service assignments
- Class B driver's license
- professional and personal suitability for subsequent employment as a civil servant
Additional requirements for recruitment or employment as a civil servant include in particular
- health suitability
- German citizenship
- loyalty to the constitution
- suitability of character
- Age limit: Under current legislation, civil servants can only be appointed up to the age of 45.
There are 71 state health offices in Bavaria (these are the district offices) and 5 municipal health offices (these are the cities of Munich, Augsburg, Nuremberg, Ingolstadt and Memmingen). The governments are responsible for recruitment at the 71 district offices in Bavaria. Please send your application to the government(s) in whose area of responsibility (Regierungsbezirk) you wish to be hired. There you will also receive more detailed information about which district offices currently have vacancies. If you are interested in being hired by a municipal health department, please contact the respective city administration.
Copies of certificates
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited