Fumigation for disinfection or pest control; application for a certificate of competence
A certificate of competence is required for fumigation with biocidal products or pesticides in accordance with Section 2 (5a) of the Ordinance on Protection against Hazardous Substances (GefStoffV).
An official fumigation permit is also required to carry out these fumigations.
A certificate of competence is required for fumigation activities with biocidal products or pesticides.
The certificate of competence is issued to applicants who
- is at least 18 years old,
- have suitable vocational training or comparable professional qualifications,
- provide evidence of the necessary reliability (usually by means of a police clearance certificate of document type O),
- has the necessary language skills to carry out the job safely,
- can present a valid certificate of successful participation in an officially recognized training course to impart the expertise required to carry out the intended fumigation,
- has sufficient experience in fumigation,
- can provide proof of first aid training including first aid measures when handling fumigants and
- can provide evidence of their physical and mental suitability for fumigation activities in the form of a certificate from a doctor in accordance with Section 7 (1) of the Ordinance on Occupational Health Care. The certificate must not be older than one year at the time of application.
The application must be submitted to the trade supervisory office responsible for the applicant's place of residence.
The certificate of competence is issued for a maximum of six years. In addition to fulfilling the points listed under "Prerequisites", proof of successful participation in an officially recognized training course for the intended activity is a prerequisite for renewing the certificate of competence.
The certificate of competence can be revoked if the required points listed under "Prerequisites" are no longer fulfilled.
The period of validity can be extended by a maximum of six years if the holder of the certificate of competence has completed a training course in accordance with section 4.4 paragraph 5 before the period of validity expires and has applied for an extension.
Police clearance certificate of document type O of the applicant
(for certain fumigations, the authorities may waive the requirement to submit a certificate of good conduct under certain conditions)
Proof of expertise through successful participation in an officially recognised course to impart the expertise required to carry out the planned fumigation operations.
Medical certificate in accordance with § 7 Para. 1 of the Ordinance on Preventive Occupational Medicine
The certificate shall attest that there is no evidence that the applicant is physically or mentally unfit for the fumigation activities.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited