Study abroad; information

In times of increasing globalization, experience abroad is becoming more and more important during studies.


International cooperation and the cross-border exchange of people and ideas have traditionally been part of the self-image of Bavarian universities. In the course of globalization, the demand for university graduates who have acquired intercultural competencies through a stay abroad is increasing. Bavarian universities are taking this development into account by increasing the internationalization of their education.

A stay abroad requires thorough preparation. The first point of contact is the International Office (or facilities of the Student Advisory Service) of the university where you are studying, or - if you are not yet a student - of the nearest university. Detailed information material on the possibilities of studying abroad is available from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Kennedyallee 50, 53175 Bonn as the central information point.


  • Tuition fees are charged in many countries. In contrast, the cost of living in some countries is lower than in the Federal Republic of Germany.

    The International Office or the DAAD can provide information on scholarships for studying abroad. Applications for funding of an education abroad according to the Federal Training Assistance Act (Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz, BAföG) are to be submitted to separately designated offices for training assistance, which also provide information on funding abroad.


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft und Kunst

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.