Care allowance; application
If you are cared for at home by relatives or acquaintances, you can apply for care allowance from your care insurance fund.
- You are classified in care level 2, 3, 4, or 5
- You are cared for at home by a private, non-professional caregiver who is able to provide your home care
You can apply for care allowance by mail, for example, and - with many care insurance companies - hand it in personally at the office or submit it online.
- You submit the application for care allowance to your care insurance fund. If you are not able to do this yourself, you can authorize someone in writing.
- The long-term care insurance fund checks your application for long-term care benefits and
- transfers your care allowance to you every month.
Entitlement to care allowance applies from the date of application, but not earlier than the date on which the conditions for entitlement are met. If the application is not submitted in the calendar month in which the need for care arose, but later, benefits are granted from the beginning of the month in which the application is submitted. You should therefore submit the application in good time.
Processing usually takes about 2 to 3 working days.
For a quick processing and decision, your long-term care insurance fund must be provided with the necessary information as well as any required documents in a complete and meaningful manner.
The care insurance fund decides on applications promptly.
Please note that the processing time given is an average value for all care insurance funds. It may vary in individual cases.
The exact processing time also depends on the complexity of the individual case and may be longer accordingly. The same applies if documents or records are sent to you or your care insurance fund by mail.
If necessary, the medical service must be involved.
- Action before the social court
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Gesundheit
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited